Post the death of Sushant Singh Rajput, Ankita Lokhande became more popular for being the ex-girlfriend of the late actor. This glamorous tele-diva gained popularity after the tele series Pavitra Rishta which revolved on the love story of Archana (Ankita Lokhande) and Manav (Sushant Singh Rajput).
Here are some lesser-known facts about the popular TV actress Ankita Lokhande:
1. Ankita Lokhande was born in 19th December 1984
This tele actress was born in a Middle-class Marathi family in Indore Madhya Pradesh.
2. Ankita is beloved daughter of Shashikant Lokhande, who is a banker and Vandana Pandis Lokhande, who is a teacher
She has two siblings, Brother Sooraj Lokhande and younger sister Jyoti Lokhande.
3. Her original name was Tanuja Lokhande
However, she is fondly called as Ankita by everyone.
4. Moved to Mumbai in 2005 after graduation to pursue her passion for acting.
5. Ankita was a state-level Badminton player
She was active in sports in her childhood and was a state-level Badminton player.
6. Ankita gained fame with her role of Archana in Ekta Kapoor’s Pavitra Rishta
Ankita had participated in Idea Zee Cinestar’s during 2006-2007. She was supposed to act in the tele series Baali Umar Ko Salaam; however, things did not work out. Post that, she was chosen as the lead cast in Pavitra Rishta by Ekta Kapoor in 2009, where she had met Sushant Singh Rajput. The actress had impressed the audiences with her impeccable acting skills in Pavitra Rishta.
7. Ankita also earned several awards for the tele-series Pavitra Rishta
Ankita bagged the award of the ITA Award for Gr8! Face Female in 2010, Zee Rishtey Award for Favourite Popular Face (Female) in 2011, Producers Guild Film Award for Best Actress in a Drama Series in 2011 and Zee Rishtey Award for Zee Personality of the Year in 2012. All these awards were due to her amazing performance in the lead role of Pavitra Rishta.
8. Ankita Lokhande relationship with Sushant Singh Rajput
Ankita and Sushant were once termed as the power couple and were often spotted together. They had shifted together and stayed in a live-in relationship for 6 years. Her Chemistry with the late actor was spotted during various shows.
She was once involved in a controversy for slapping Sushant Singh Rajput publicly when the later was dancing with other girls.
Ankita was heartbroken post the death of her ex-boyfriend Sushant this year. She was so attached to the late actor even after a breakup that she did not remove his name from the nameplate of the present house where Ankita resides currently. She seems to be in peace after CBI has started intervening in the case. In a recent post in social media, she urged everyone to join the campaign for global prayers for the late actor Sushant Singh Rajput.
9. Ankita Contested in Jhalak Dikhla Ja Season 4 in 2011
She was also seen in Comedy Circus in 2011. She also featured in the mini-series Ek Thi Naayka. Her acting skills in the role of Pragya won her several accolades.
10. Ankita was one of the highest paid TV actor
11. Ankita retired from TV in 2018 to try her luck into films.
After some efforts, she was finally seen in Kangana Ranaut‘s, Manikarnika: the Queen of Jhansi. Lokhande was also seen in Baaghi 3 in 2020; however, due to the COVID fiasco during the release, the movie failed to perform well at the box office.
12. She had auditioned for Salman Khan’s Sultan but failed to bag the role
Ankita was also approached for Shah Rukh Khan’s Happy New Year (2014), but later she was replaced by Deepika.
13. Ankita made her relationship with boyfriend Vicky Jain public in 2019
14. Ankita posted a photo in the social media by flaunting her diamond ring
after which there were rumours of her engagement with boyfriend Vicky Jain.
15. During her free time, Ankita prefers listening to music
She is also a good dancer and even won praises during her dance performances. Ankita loves the colour white as it symbolizes peace. She loves Indian food, and her favourite restaurant is Urban Tadka in Mumbai. Madhuri Dixit and Shilpa Shetty are her favorite actresses.