Bollywood is considered a little conservative and backward when it comes to portraying things like intimacy and sensuality. But we all somewhere down the line agree that there are few songs that broke these taboos and barriers and presented sensual scenes in a most subtle and beautiful way.
Below are some of the hot scenes from Hindi films that were shot between these popular songs:
1. Akshay Kumar and Raveena Tandon’s ice melting performance in the classic Tip Tip Barsa Paani.
We all agree about how this one has to be on the list. After all these decades it’s still the sexiest song in Bollywood’s history, whenever we come across the term sexy we all instantly remember it. It also established the trends of plain yellow sarees back in fashion.
2. Emraan Hashmi and Mallika Sherawat setting the screen on fire, in the film Murder.
It has to be on the list. One of the most powerful and boldest films of its time, Murder, through its bold performance welcomed the way for sensuality in cinema, establishing that there is a big audience for it.
3. Ranveer and Deepika being intimate in the song Ang Laga De from Goliyon Ki Rasleela Ram-Leela
The couple is pro at doing intimate and sensual scenes. Their performance and chemistry in the song, people should have predicted they are getting married.
4. Urmila Matondkar and Jackie Shroff in the song Haye Rama from Rangeela.
We all should agree on this one that Urmila literally looks like a goddess in this song. The lyrics of the song had connotations that haven’t vanished on anyone and even after years on, it is one of people’s go-to.
5. John Abraham and Bipasha Basu’s sensual chemistry in Jism.
Jism was one movie that made John and Bipasha with the bare minimum of time popular because of their amazing chemistry on screen.
6. Zara Zara from Rehna Hai Tere Dil Mein portrayed sensuality in a smooth, beautiful manner.
The song and the movie are even today a classic. It was very smooth in its depiction of seduction, despite this very effective.
7. Suraj Hua Maddham – the classic Yashraj’s way of how sensuality should be depicted on the screen along with desert, pyramids and people’s perfect pair – Shah Rukh and Kajol.
SRK and Kajol are often paired opposite each other before, this was the very first time we witnessed them like this.
8. Aditya Kapoor and Shraddha Kapoor lighting the screen with their rain-romance fantasy of millions in Tum Hi Ho from Aashiqui 2.
This movie was undoubtedly the most successful movie of both the stars in their entire career till now. The movie and its songs were a massive hit.
9. A kind of remake to Tip Tip Barsa Pani, Gale Lag Jaa also had the plain colour sarees, rain and of course Akshay.
But the only difference was, it was Katrina Kaif in place of Raveena Tandon and she definitely did justice to her role. It is a very catchy and attractive song, which unconsciously takes your mind off a comedy that was portrayed in De Dana Dan.
10. Aashiq Banaya Aapne with Tanushree Datta and Emraan Hashmi was in the limelight for obvious reasons.
The video was a thundering popular exactly like the song, and we all know the reason why.