Vijay Raaz is still remembered for his famous performance in the movie Run in which his “Kauwa Biryani” act became critically and highly acclaimed. He is one of the most famous comedians of Bollywood. Vijay is a film actor and a director in Hindi films. He has acted in films of other languages as well. He delves into the roles and produces outstanding results. Although Vijay is not a fan of multiple rehearsals but still comes up with perfect results.
Let’s look into some of the interesting facts about actor Vijay Raaz:
1. Vijay Razz was born on 5th June 1963 in Delhi
2. He studied in P.G.D.A.V. College, University of Delhi
During this time he became a part of the Dramatic society. He did graduation in BCom.
3. To pursue his career in acting, he joined the Sakshi Kala Manch in Mandi House, Delhi
He worked for a few years.
4. Started working in the National School of Drama (NSD), New Delhi and worked in a fixed salary of Rs 12,000 per month
He also appeared in many plays in the National School of Drama. His first play was Pagal Ghar where he had played the role of an inspector.
5. Vijay moved to Mumbai in 1998 as he always dreamed of working in Bollywood.
6. Naseeruddin Shah recommended him for movies
His talents were recognized by Naseeruddin Shah who had recommended his name to Mahesh Mathai for his film Bhopal Express (1999) and Mira Nair for the film Monsoon Wedding (2001), after watching Vijay in a Girish Karnad play Agni Aur Barkha in which he played the role of a 90-year-old person.
He is still thankful to Naseeruddin Shah for this gesture and thinks that his career commenced because of him. However, it was his talents that helped him to get into the pinnacle of success.
7. Vijay Raaz gained fame from his role of ‘Dubeyji’ in the film Monsoon Wedding.
8. Got his first lead role in the film Raghu Romeo (2004) as Raghu
The film won the National Film Award for Best Feature Film in Hindi.
9. Vijay garnered massive recognition for his comic role in movie Run (2004)
The famous scene of “Kauwa Biryani” is more popular than the movie Run.
10. Vijay Raaz made his directorial debut with the film Kya Dilli Kya Lahore in 2014
He also played the lead role of Rehmat Ali in the film.
11. Vijay is successfully married to Krishna Raaz
His wife is also an actress by profession and has worked in many famous films like Gabbar is Back and Dekh Bhai Dekh. They also have a beautiful daughter together named Tan Iska Raaz.
12. Vijay Razz is one of the most sought after Voice-Over artist
Known for his good voice Vijay has lent his voice in several ad commercials and films.
13. Vijay Raaz was arrested once for having narcotic drugs
Vijay was arrested in the Abu Dhabi airport in February 2005. He was found with drugs in on of his bags but Vijay claimed that he was unaware of how the drugs landed up in his luggage. Later he was released as there was no solid evidence against him. Vijay had denied the charges completely.
14. He is an avid reader
Vijay loves to read books on philosophy and spirituality. Besides being a good actor and a director.
15. Vijay Razz has worked in films of different languages like Hindi, Tamil, and Malayalam
From 2001-2005 he has acted in many famous movies. Some of them are Company, Run, Raghu Romeo etc. From 2006-2010 he was seen in many popular movies like Bombay to Goa, Dhamal, Delhi 6, No Problem etc.
In the year 2011, he was spotted in the film Delhi Belly. In 2013 he was worked in a Malayalam film called KQ where he had played the role of Don. From 2014 till 2019 he appeared in many popular films like Pocket Gangsters, Sanam Teri Kasam, Stree, Soorma, Gully Boy, Photograph etc. He was recently seen in the movie Gulabo Sitabo along with Amitabh Bachchan.
16. Vijay received several awards and was also nominated for his amazing skills
He was nominated for best comedian in Zee Cine awards for Monsoon Wedding. In Run movie, he was nominated for best performance as a comedian in Screen Weekly awards. His Role as Raghu in the movie Raghu Romeo earned him a national award for the best Hindi film.