In this world, where everyone seeks entertainment, we are pretty sure that everyone from our readers is aware of who Vicky Kaushal is. For those who don’t know, Vicky Kaushal is a young actor in the film industry and is among the best in his category. He has been delivering amazing performances, consistently and has done really well in critically acclaimed dramas, dark thrillers or light-hearted comedies.
Vicky comes from a poor background and was not born with a silver spoon in his mouth unlike most of the celebrities. But he is an extremely talented actor who can steal the spotlight even if he is not the lead character in the movie like he did in ‘Sanju’. But despite being successful in such a short span of time he still looks down at his roots and no doubt is a down to earth person. No wonder why he has a huge fan following. But, there are still some facts about him that most people don’t know about.
So here are a few things you probably didn’t know about the actor who stole the limelight in ‘Sanju’, Vicky Kaushal!
1. Vicky was born on May 16, 1988, to Shyam Kaushal who is an action director and Veena Kaushal, who is a housewife.
Vicky also has a sibling, a younger brother, who is an Assistant Director.
2. Vicky’s family lived in the chawls of Mumbai, and his father used to be a stuntman.
The roots of his family can be traced to Hoshiarpur, in the state of Punjab.
3. Vicky Kaushal loves dancing, reading and traveling. Apart from being an actor, he is also a trained dancer.
4. It might be surprising, but he pursued engineering before he became an actor.
He is an Electronics and Telecommunications Engineer. Vicky completed his graduation from Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Technology, Mumbai in 2009.
5. After completing his engineering he received a job offer, but Vicky loved acting and wanted to become an actor so he turned down the offer.
6. For his performance in the movie Masaan by Neeraj Ghayvan, Vicky has won various awards.
7. Vicky had attended a lot of workshops under Kishore Namit Kapoor, and there he did a lot of theatres.
He also made an appearance in the movie ‘Luv Shuv Tey Chicken Khurana’ in 2012.
8. Assisted Anurag Kashyap in Gangs of Wasseypur
Gangs of Wasseypur is amongst the most famous films produced by Indian film industry and everyone has watched the movie at least once. But, not everyone knows that Vicky Kaushal actually assisted Anurag Kashyap in making the movie.
9. He is a complete foodie
It is unusual for actors to eat a lot of junk but Vicky Kaushal claims himself as a foodie and says that he loves eating Pani-Puri, Jalebi-Rabri, Aaloo Paratha and Chinese dishes.
10. Vicky Kaushal is said to be dating Harleen Sethi, though this is not confirmed.
11. He wants to be on the set of a film on his birthday
Generally, people have plans to celebrate their birthday and take off from work, but Vicky has a desire to be on the set of a film and he made it clear in an interview.
12. Vicky Kaushal’s favorite actors are Hrithik Roshan and Nawazuddin Siddiqui
He says that he watches their movies with special attention and really adores their acting skills and how they pull their characters off really well.
13. Everyone has a favorite TV show, and in the case of Vicky Kaushal, it is Game of Thrones and Prison Break.
14. He loves working with two of the most amazing directors of Indian film industry
It’s quite a difficult thing to choose for a favorite director, but Vicky Kaushal has come forward to tell that his favorite directors are Karan Johar and Anurag Kashyap.
15. Vicky went to Varanasi one month before the shoot to prepare for his role in Masaan
The actor wanted to master the local accent that was required for the movie. Not only this but Vicky also lost 8 kgs to get into the character for the film.
16. Vicky is a movie buff
His favorite movies of all time are Kaho Na Pyaar Hai, Black Friday, Gangs of Wasseypur, Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar from Bollywood and his favorite Hollywood movie is 12 Angry Men.
17. He charges a lot for his movies
Vicky Kaushal acts brilliantly, and we can easily say that seeing his performances. Thus, he also charges more for acting in the movies. He currently demands approximately 3 corers for the movies.
Vicky Kaushal was seen opposite one of the most successful actresses of Bollywood, Alia Bhatt, in the movie ‘Raazi’, which was directed by Meghna Gulzar. He was also seen in a lot of movies like ‘Manmarziyan’ by Anurag Kashyap, ‘Sanju’ by Rajkumar Hirani that did quite well at the box office. His movie ‘Sanju’ was a blockbuster and despite it being a biopic of Sanjay Dutt, Vicky stole the limelight with his brilliant acting. He also did ‘Love per Square Foot’; a Netflix movie that was produced by Ronnie Screwvala starring opposite Angira Dhar and appeared in Lust Stories an Indian anthology film in Karan Johar’s segment.