In the entertainment industry, almost everyone is aware of the popular and gorgeous actress Samantha Ruth Prabhu. She mainly works in Tamil and Telegu films but she is also an important part of the Bollywood industry. Samantha Ruth Prabhu is also one of the highest-paid South Indian actresses. She has won several awards for her contribution to the film industry.
Her stint in the movie Yashoda won a lot of hearts. Samantha Ruth Prabhu always has quite a few films lined up for her. She also featured in movies like Kushi with Vijay Deverakond and Shaakuntalam with Dev Mohan, Eega, and many more. The stunning actress has thousands of fans who are always curious to know more about her. If you are one of those Samantha Ruth Prabhu fans, then you are in the right place. We have listed some of the lesser-known Samantha Ruth Prabhu facts that every fan should know about.
Here are some interesting facts about the South Indian actress, Samantha Ruth Prabhu:
1. The actress was born on April 28, 1987. Samantha Ruth Prabhu age is 36 years as of 2023
She was born and brought up in Pallavaram in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
2. Samantha Ruth Prabhu family
Samantha is the youngest child of the family. She has two elder brothers Jonathan and David. She has a Telugu father, Joseph Prabhu, and a Malayali mother, Ninette Prabhu. She has cited herself as a Tamilian despite her mixed background. Samantha Ruth Prabhu religion is Christianity.
3. Samantha Ruth Prabhu nickname
Samantha’s close friends and family members fondly call her by the name Yashoda. Looks like she not only starred in the movie by the name Yashoda but in real life, she is also known as Yashoda.
4. Samantha Ruth Prabhu education
Samantha did her schooling at Holy Angels Anglo Indian Higher Secondary School and then went to Stella Maris College, Chennai to complete a degree in commerce.
5. Samantha was spotted by filmmaker Ravi Varman
At the end of her undergraduate degree, she became ventured into modeling. She was working with Naidu Hall. That was when she was first spotted by filmmaker Ravi Varman.
6. Samantha made her acting debut in the hit Telugu movie Ye Maaya Chesave (2010) with her ex-husband Naga Chaitanya
7. She became the second actress to win both the Filmfare Award for Best Actress – Telugu and Best Actress – Tamil in the same year
She received awards for her performances in the 2012 films Neethaane En Ponvasantham and Eega.
8. Samantha Ruth Prabhu’s Hindi debut
Samantha had a cameo appearance in the Hindi movie, Ekk Deewana Tha starring Prateik Babbar and Amy Jackson which was released in 2012.
But most fans believe that Samantha made her Hindi debut with the web series The Family Man 2 which was her OTT debut.
9. She appeared in the music video for the World Classical Tamil Conference 2010 promotional song directed by Gautham Menon and composed by A. R. Rahman.
10. Samantha Ruth Prabhu featured in the big-budget Telugu film, Dookudu (2012) with Mahesh Babu
It became one of the most successful Telugu films of all time.
11. During mid-2012, Samantha had to opt out of two big-budget projects due to an immune system disorder, and she could not work for two months
During that period, Samantha had to let go of Mani Ratnam’s Kadal (2013) and Shankar’s I (2015).
12. The actress was diagnosed with diabetes in 2013
13. She played the leading lady in top-grossing films
Samantha Ruth Prabhu movies include Dookudu (2011), Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu (2012), Attarintiki Daredi (2013), Kaththi (2014), Theri (2016), 24 (2016), A Aa (2016), Mersal (2017), Rangasthalam (2018), Majili (2019), Yashoda (2022), and many more.
14. In 2012, the actress apparently went through nose surgery to enhance her looks.
15. She also worked in women-centric films like U Turn, and Oh! Baby which received accolades.
16. Samantha Ruth Prabhu relationships
According to reports she was in a relationship with actor Siddharth for two years. After that, she started dating actor Naga Chaitanya who was also her co-actor from Ye Maaya Chesave.
17. Samantha Ruth Prabhu marriage and divorce
After dating Samantha and Naga Chaitanya tied the knot in 2017. They got married in Goa as per traditional Hindu customs on 6 October 2017 and the next day by Christian customs on 7 October 2017. After she became a member of the Akkineni family, she started using her married name, Samantha Akkineni.
On 31 July 2021, when she removed her surname “Akkineni” from her social media handles it led to speculations of her separation with her husband Naga Chaitanya. The marriage lasted only a few years as the couple went through a divorce in the year 2021.
In October 2021, she took to Instagram to announce that she and Chaitanya had decided to separate. She wrote,
To all our well wishers. After much deliberation and thought Chay and I have decided to part ways as husband and wife to pursue our own paths. We are fortunate to have a friendship of over a decade that was the very core of our relationship which we believe will always hold a special bond between us. We request our fans, well wishers and the media to support us during this difficult time and give us the privacy we need to move on. Thanking you for your support.
Reportedly, she said no to Rs. 200 crore alimony offered by Samantha Ruth Prabhu husband Naga Chaitanya, and her family, citing that she was a self-made woman.
18. Besides acting, Samantha hosted the talk show Sam Jam in 2020
She is a huge admirer of the actress Audrey Hepburn.
19. Her stunning dance number in the hit film, Pushpa: The Rise with Allu Arjun in the song “Oo Antava Oo Oo Antava” in 2021 was a sensation on the Internet.
20. Samantha Ruth Prabhu awards and accolades
Samantha is the recipient of numerous awards, including four Filmfare Awards South, one Filmfare OTT Award for the Amazon Prime Video thriller series The Family Man. Two Andhra Pradesh State Nandi Awards, four South Indian International Movie Awards, and three CineMAA Awards.
21. In The Times Most Desirable Women in 2019 and 2020, Samantha ranked 17th and 34th respectively.
22. According to a report by The Times of India, in March 2022, Samantha became the second highest-paid South Indian actress after Nayanthara.
23. Samantha Ruth Prabhu is one of the fittest actresses in the industry. Despite the diseases she is suffering from she always makes sure to take care of her fitness.
View this post on Instagram
24. She is the founder of Saaki World, a women’s clothing brand
Samantha also launched a business venture ‘Tweave’ in partnership with the Telangana Government. It was a program to promote the handloom sector in Telangana.
25. Samantha as a philanthropist
Samantha is actively involved in philanthropic activities and donates her earnings from product launches, endorsements, and inauguration events to her charitable trust, Pratyusha Support. She founded and registered Pratyusha Support in 2012.
She started the Pratyusha Support Foundation to provide medical support for women and children with the help of three doctor friends. She also launched a program to fulfill the wishes of children with life-threatening diseases.
She also donated huge amounts of money during the 2015 Chennai floods.
26. Samantha Ruth Prabhu health
On October 2022, she announced that she was diagnosed with dermatomyositis. It is an autoimmune condition that is caused due to inflammation in the muscles. Samantha Ruth Prabhu disease is a rare one but the actress has been suffering due to this and is under treatment.
27. Samantha Ruth Prabhu net worth
Samantha Ruth Prabhu net worth is estimated to be Rs 80 crore and she owns a house in Hyderabad and several luxury cars and expensive items.