The planet is going through a drastic climate change. The glaciers are melting, wildfires are a more frequent occurrence, hurricanes and storms are becoming more intense, more and more places are experiencing greater flooding, extreme droughts are eliminating whole water sources and we humans are still not taking the necessary steps to stop all of them. Many organizations are keeping an eye on what’s going on in the world climate-wise and if we don’t keep up, there would be no planet B!
Here we have a few before and after pictures of places to demonstrate the effects of climate change, whether that be melting sea ice, water contamination, rising sea levels, or deforestation.
These photos have contributed to raising awareness and inspire humans to act right now.
1. Aculeo Lake disappeared in just 6 years
2. Iceland’s Okjokull Glacier was commemorated in August 2019
3. Theewaterskloof Dam in South Africa is dried up
4. Grinnell Glacier is no longer a glacier
5. Climate change caused an 89% decrease in new coral on the Great Barrier Reef
6. Wildfire in Amazon
7. The flooding of the Ganges River in Allahabad has left people homeless
8. Pedersen Glacier, Alaska, 100 years ago and now
9. Victoria Falls has turned into a little stream
10. This whole glacier turned into water
11. The flooding of the Mississippi River
12. California’s Lake Oroville has almost completely dried up in just 3 years