It is known to everyone that Scam 1992: The Harshad Mehta Story, the web series on SonyLiv is based on real-life incidents. The story revolves around Harshad Mehta who was responsible for the Indian Stock Market crash of 1992. The web-series has caught the attention of people with it’s storytelling and direction and each character portraying their role in a perfect manner. The popular series has been adapted from the book The Scam: Who Won, Who Lost, Who Got Away by the whistleblower journalist Sucheta Dalal and Debashish Basu.
The series narrates the story of stockbroker Harshad Mehta who was involved in the Rs 5,000 crore 1992 securities scam. His journey started with a mere amount of Rs, 40 in his pocket. The scam also exposed the multiple loopholes in the system and functioning of stock market and banks.
The lead character of the Harshad Mehta has been played by Pratik Gandhi. The SonyLiv’s web-series which is directed by Hansal Mehta, has been ranked as the highest rated Indian series among IMDb’s top 250 shows in the world.
After the huge success of the web-series, many started wondering about the real life characters of Harshad Mehta show. Scroll down to know the real-life counterpart of Scam 1992.
1. Harshad Mehta by Pratik Gandhi
2. Ashwin Mehta played by Hemant Kher
3. Sucheta Dalal by Shreya Dhanwanthary
4. Jyoti Mehta played by Anjali Barot
5. Manu Mundra played by Satish Kaushik
6. Ketan Parikh by Jay Upadhyay
7. Radhakishan Damani by Paresh Ganatra
8. Rakesh Jhunjhunwala by Kavin Dave
9. Ram Jethmalani by Mithilesh Chaturvedi
10. Debasish Basu by Faisal Rashid